April 30 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm$149
De-Escalation, Detecting Deception, & Pre-Attack Indicators
One of the greatest tools a law enforcement professional possesses is the ability to influence the overall outcome of interactions. Read, Recognize, Respond focuses on today’s peacekeeper and their ability to effectively evaluate others and utilize communication skills to make sound decisions that result in safe and successful resolutions.
Read, Recognize, Respond utilize scientific research, numerous case studies, and a wide array of videos of real-life encounters to offer training scenarios with the goal of understand and improving officer interaction skills.
While this seminar is dynamic, practical, and fun, Calibre Press takes the subject of officer and community safety seriously. Students will develop a thorough understanding of human nature and how communication skills can be utilized to effectively read body language, detect deception, and recognize pre-attack indicators. They offer techniques to successfully build rapport, calm the irrational, and present one’s self as an aware and tactically sound professional law enforcement officer.
Course topics include:
- Beyond Words (Calibre’s premier communication content!)
- Solutions for De-Escalation
- Detecting Deception
- Verbal & Non-Verbal Cues: Did You See Them?
- Treating People with Dignity & Respect: It’s a Must!
- Recognizing Pre-Attack Indicators: The Visual Edge
- The Professional Mindset: Professionalism During All Encounters
- Understanding the Pros & Cons of Stress Response
- The Benefits of Command Presence